Personally, I’ve never shopped for a newborn size before and had no idea where to even start. When my son was born, my friends and family brought him newborn baby clothes with their initials on them, so he could have something right away. Plus, many of the people we knew (half the office) had babies at that time so there were already clothes around our house as well
What to consider when buying baby clothes
When you’re expecting a new baby, one of the first things you’ll need to do is start stocking up on Newborn Baby Clothes. But with all the cute choices out there, it can be hard to decide what to buy. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for baby clothes:
- Size matters. Newborns grow quickly, so it’s important to buy clothes that will fit them for at least a few weeks. Look for newborn baby clothes that have some room to grow, such as adjustable waistbands or expandable sleeves.
- Comfort is key. Babies are delicate creatures, so it’s important to choose newborn baby clothes that are soft and comfortable. Avoid scratchy fabrics or anything with stiff seams or embellishments.
- Consider the climate. If you live in a warm climate, you’ll want to focus on light, breathable fabrics like cotton or linen. If you live in a cooler climate, you’ll need to make sure your baby has enough layers to stay warm without being too bundled up.
- Watch for sales. newborn baby clothes go on sale frequently, so it’s worth checking online and in-store regularly for deals. You can often find great discounts on gently used clothing as well!
Best Tips for Newborn Baby Clothes Shopping
When shopping for newborn clothes, it is essential to keep in mind the following tips:
- Stick to simple designs and avoid clothes with too many embellishments. newborns are fragile and can easily be overwhelmed by busy patterns or too many colors.
- Choose soft, natural fabrics like cotton or linen that will be gentle on your baby’s skin. Avoid scratchy materials like wool or anything with a synthetic blend.
- Opt for clothes that have easy-to-use fasteners like snaps or Velcro instead of buttons or zippers. This will make dressing your baby a lot easier, especially in those early weeks when they are fidgety and sleepy.
- Make sure you buy newborn baby clothes that are machine washable and can withstand repeated washings – babies can be messy!
- Don’t forget about comfort – look for stretchy waistbands or adjustable straps that will grow with your baby and won’t pinch their delicate skin.
- Finally, don’t break the bank! Babies overgrow so you’ll likely only get a few months of use out of each outfit before they need to move up to the next size. With this in mind, it’s best to stick to affordable brands or shop secondhand where possible.
The first few weeks: what clothes do they need?
Assuming that you are referring to a newborn baby, they will need the following clothes:
-Sweaters or jackets
– Booties or socks
Brands like Gerber, Carter’s, and H&M have inexpensive and good-quality options for all of the newborn baby clothes items listed above. You can also find many of these items secondhand and in good condition. For example, Facebook Marketplace is a great place to look for these types of things.
Cleaning your baby’s clothes
Assuming you’re using a standard washing machine, you should always wash your newborn baby’s clothes in cold water. Hot water can cause shrinkage and damage delicate fabrics. You should also use a gentle cycle and mild detergent. Avoid any harsh chemicals or fragrances that could irritate your baby’s skin.
To avoid any color bleeding, you should always wash new clothes separately from another laundry. You can also add a cup of vinegar to the wash cycle, which will help set the colors in the fabric.
Once the clothes have been washed, they can be hung to dry or tumble-dried on low heat. Again, avoid any high heat settings that could damage the fabrics.
With this guide in hand, you are now armed with the knowledge of what to look for when Buy newborn baby clothes. Remember to always opt for comfort over style, and go for quality over quantity. With a little bit of care and attention, you will be able to dress your newborn in the best clothes that will make them look and feel great.